As of March 2015, all content here has been moved to a more user-friendly site. Please visit www.deborah-puette.com for the most up-to-date information. Thanks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Actress, writer, friend to spiders. Caught on a bramble near the Hollywood sign.


When you tell people you're an actor and writer, they usually have questions like these:

WHAT HAVE I SEEN YOU IN?

Sam Raimi's 3D blockbuster OZ The Great and Powerful and his pilot for Fox entitled Rake, NBC's Revolution (pic above), executive producer Steven Spielberg's Extant on CBS, True Blood, The Office, Parks and Rec, Grey's Anatomy and more, at IMDb.

Lucky enough to know about the vibrant theater scene in L.A.? Then maybe you've seen me onstage.

CAN I WATCH ANY OF THAT?
Why yes. Yes you can. Below on the right are some videos from work I've done, including the trailer to a short film I recently wrote, produced and starred in entitled Cash for Gold (so far an official selection at the Hollywood Film Festival, Florida Film Festival and Sonoma International Film Festival. Hello, wine country.)


WHAT HAVE YOU WRITTEN??

A number of personal essays, some of which are published on this blog, and some of which you can catch me around town reading aloud for audiences. A short film called Cash for Gold (see above). A television pilot you haven't seen yet.

WHAT ELSE?
I'm a pretty good cook, a really good mom, and an irrepressible fidgeter.

Be my guest and look around as long as you'd like. I promise no pushy sales ladies will bug you.

I'm glad you're here.



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"four places" nets 3 LADCC awards including best production

With Mark at Jerry's Famous Deli, 1:21 a.m.
The accolades for this gem of a play keep coming. On March 14, the team of "Four Places" received three more awards from the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle, including the biggie for Best Production. The award will sit alongside its kin from the Ovation and recently-announced Garland Awards. Folks have been asking me what I'll produce next, but I'm not ready to give details, yet. I'd like to revel in this one a bit longer. Thanks to everyone who supported this beautiful play, written by the wonderful Joel Drake Johnson, and congratulations to my fellow producers, John Perrin Flynn and Matthew Elkins and to director, dear friend and frequent collaborator Robin Larsen. So continuously proud of our cast, Tim Bagley, Anne Gee Byrd, Roxanne Hart, and Lisa Rothschiller Ragsdale on their win for Best Ensemble. A dream cast if ever there was one. And thank you to all of our designers and technical and house staff at Rogue Machine and publicist Judith Borne. You all did a marvelous job keeping that show running through its many extensions in 2010.

The party continued early into the next morning with heaps of corned beef and chicken soup at Jerry's Famous Deli on Ventura Blvd, in a booth not unlike the one in the play....

No comments:

Post a Comment